4.24.2008

CAPA's Summer Movie Slate

I so love going to the Ohio Theater for the Summer Movies. They really don't make these types of theaters anymore.

Here is my list of "Must See" Flicks.

 

SERIES PREMIERE!
Thunderball (1965)
Friday, June 6, 7:30pm & Sunday, June 8, 2 pm & 7:30 pm
Sean Connery, Claudine Auger, Adolfo Celi
- Coming out strong with this one. My all time favorite Bond flick. I love the card game with Claudine Auger looking on as Bond schools Adolfo Celi in Baccarat.


SERIES PREMIERE!
Planet of the Apes (1968)
Wednesday-Friday, June 18-20, 7:30 pm daily
Charlton Heston, Roddy McDowall, Kim Hunter
- I loved General Urko when I was a kid. So much so I can still remember the looks I got when I said his name in my speech therapy when asked for our favorite character...at 5.

Cartoon Capers
Saturday, June 21, 10 am
Enjoy a dozen classic cartoons from the ‘40s and ‘50s featuring many of the Warner Brothers superstars including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Pepe LePew, and Yosemite Sam!

- Gotta go. No questions

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
Saturday, July 19, 10 am
Michael Caine, Frank Oz, Kermit the Frog, The Great Gonzo, Miss Piggy
- Little guy is going to love this

Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
Wednesday & Thursday, July 23-24, 7:30 pm daily
Henry Fonda, Claudia Cardinale, Jason Robards, Charles Bronson
This frontier epic has nearly 3 hours of everything you could ever want from a western—spectacular vistas, gunslinging shoot outs, a shadowy stranger, an infamous desperado, a beautiful widow, and a ruthless villain.
- Gotta see this on the big screen


The Third Man (1949)
Friday, July 25, 7:30 pm
Joseph Cotton, Alida Valli, Orson Welles
In this Oscar-winning Carol Reed film noir thriller, an American writer steps off the train in post-WWII Vienna to learn that the friend who invited him has mysteriously died. As he begins to question the inconsistencies of his friend’s accident, he becomes unwittingly caught up in a plot much larger and dangerous than he realized.
- Going to be tough to get out to see this but I've been wanting to for a long time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home