6.01.2004

Softball 6/1/04

We tried every way you could lose tonight.

1. Not enough players
2. Bad glove work in the field
3. Poor hitting
4. Ticking the other team off

Yet we won. I played the first inning at first but moved to 3rd since our sub, a fellow named Vincent, was a really good pitcher. I made a good pick / throw for an out but got handcuffed on a ball with bases loaded. I got the force out at third but we could have been out of the inning had I picked it clean.

At the plate I was 2 for 5 with 2 doubles. First one was after I ran on Doc's arm in right who had sub'ed for us last week. Doc is a shorter, older guy who can still play but who shouldn't had been in the outfield since he's better at 2nd.

The other was in the 7th. Down by two runs we had runners on 2nd and 3rd when they put Vincent on since he could flat out mash the ball backside (right field for him). He had a new DeMarini Vexxum half and half 26 oz. that I had been eyeing so I asked him if I could swing it. Vincent said sure and I drove the 2nd pitch two hops to the fence to tie the game. Another free pass to Rick to load them back up when Dan drove Vincent in for the win.

My other AB were two weak grounders to 2nd and a line drive to 2nd. I need to get in the cage.

Also we had some nasty feelings since one of our guys kept driving the ball up the middle on the pitcher after a first inning walk. Words were said after the two were in a play at the plate but mostly it amounted to nothing.

I also dropped off to Chip Miller Don Cherry's Lucky 13 DVD since he said last week what a big Slap Shot fan he is. I played with Chip at Columbus State and against him for years in the Northpark Church of Christ league. Northpark are now in the Westerville league on the same night as my league. I'm not sure Don's views on Slap Shot but I know the man love old time hard hitting hockey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home