6.09.2004

Snap Reviews

Ok, here's a few things I've been reading, watching or jamming to of note:

Books:
Footprints of God by Greg Iles
The story was kinda lame but it did have some interesting ideas about the ethics behind uploading someone's conscience into a computer.

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow
Just started reading this on my Palm m105 as an experiment into just how enjoyable an ebook would be for me. Keep in mind the company I work for owns the largest ebook collection in the world. So far it's been just OK (screen size sucks) but the book has given me that culture shock as a reader that comes from only the best science fiction. Last time this happened was with Futureland by Walter Mosley.

Comics:
Bite Club has been a fun read with its vampires meets the Sopranos in Miami Vice (or Vice City for those who aren't kids from the 80's) I loved the first cover they did.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: I'm a sucker for anything Bond or spy related and this has been par for the course. However I noticed that it wasn't listed past issue 6 so it doesn't look like CrossGen is going to keep the title going.

Tunes stuck in my head:
Switchfoot's Meant to Live

Nina Simone's Feeling Good as heard in the new Six Feet Under preview

Hoobastank's The Reason

A Perfect Circle's The Outsider

TV:
The Saint is on BBC America everyday! The fact I'm excited by this hints to the state of TV right now.

Movies:
I really want to see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow..NOW!

I hope to sneak out this weekend while in Clevland for my sister in law's birthday party and see Robot Stories at Cleveland Cinematheque








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home