1.14.2009

The joys of being a Southeastern Conference Fan

So I’m volunteering at my son’s school for COSI on Wheels. I’m rockin the colors with my Nike Alabama coaches' polo working the bugs and microscope table when I see a 4th grader come in with a Gator shirt on. Now if you’re an SEC fan, you know what’s coming but for those of you who are not, here’s what happened.

During the COSI guy’s intro to the stations, the kid is eyeing me. As soon as they get the OK to go to the stations, the kid all but runs my table popping the shirt’s Gator logo, flashing the #1 sign as he heads over but drew short of giving me the Gator chomp. He musta forgot.

See SEC fans make it a point to remind each other who’s got scoreboard regardless of age. I had a 4th grade hit me which smack but I rolled with it.

Besides I know the line having lived in Gainsville for 2 years “If you ain’t a Gator, you’re Gator bait!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home