4.27.2005

Dain Yoder Rest In Peace

Got an email from my old boss at CompuServe with the news that Dain Yoder had passed away suddenly yesterday (26 April).

It's always tough to see someone pass away so young. Especially someone like Dain.

Logicly, we know that losses like this happen all the time...but it is never something you can ever fully understand.

Words, thoughts, prayers, rememberances, tears, laughter at that Mad Hatter costume, playing soccer, being there for the family can't make up for the lost of a man like Dain yet those are the things that those of us who knew and cared for Dain have to offer Patty and the rest of Dain's loved ones, close friends and co-workers.

So do something tomorrow, be it small or big, in memory of the man.

4 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Thank you for the nice posting about Dain. He was the most unique person I have ever met. His death was totally unexpected and I still don't understand why it happened, but ultimately I am grateful that I got to spend seven years with him.

Keep Dain in your heart and love out loud.

Patty Yoder

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty,

I am so sorry to hear about Dain's passing. I went to school with Dain and just found out about Dain when I saw information on the soccer tournament. Although I did not know Dain well I always thought he was a great guy! What happened?

Tina

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger David said...

Hi Tina,
Dain passed away from a heart attack about 3 years ago.

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh I am so sorry to hear that. As I mentioned, I did not know Dain all that well just always thought he was such a kind gentle person. The world needs more people like Dain. Please give my best to Patty.

Tina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home